top of page

What is an IAS Service?


what is send?

If you or your child's school or college are concerned that your child is not making progress, it's possible that they may have special educational needs or a disability (SEND).  If you have a child with SEND you may find that it affects their ability to learn.

A child or young person with special educational needs, requires provision which is different from or additional to that normally available to others of the same age.  Special educational provision should be matched to the child's or young person's identified needs.

Your child/young person's needs may have an impact on their behaviour, their ability to make friends or to concentrate, affect their reading or writing, or their ability to understand things clearly.

Information, Advice and Support

We are here for children or young people who have a special educational need/disability, and their parents, and who live in Telford and Wrekin. We give them help with education, health and social care issues, so they can feel much more confident in being able to take an active role in making sure any of their needs are met.

Our support is: 


Free,Confidential and Impartial


If you are a parent with a child at school, or you are a young person up to the age of 25, and you are looking for practical help with special educational needs procedures, information concerning health or social care or you just want someone to listen to your concerns then get in touch with us.

We can help even without a diagnosis, if you have concern that there is a special need or disability.  The special educational need may or may not include one or more of the following:

  • ADHD or ADD

  • ASD or ASC

  • Anxiety

  • Attachment disorder

  • Developmental delay

  • Dyspraxia or movement coordination

  • Foetal Alcohol Syndrome

  • Genetic condition

  • Health condition

  • Moderate learning difficulties

  • PDA

  • Physical disability

  • Sensory impairment

  • Complex learning needs

  • Speech and language difficulties

  • Social, emotional or mental health difficulties

  • SpLD or dyslexia

  • Tourettes syndrome

What is an Information, Advice and Support Service

How must an information, Advice and Support Service be run, to meet the minimum standards  

What must Information, Advice and Support Service do for children and young people with SEND, and their families to meet minimum standards

helper talking to young person.jpg
Sad Teen.gif
bottom of page